On-going TEDIM Projects
1. Supply Chain Management, SCM
2. Logistic Services
- InLoC - Integrating Logistics Centre Networks in the Baltic Sea Region The project aims at integrating of logistics centres and their interest groups, create conditions for the spatial integration of logistics operations, remove bottlenecks in port-hinterland- connections, improve the compatibility of different ICT-based transport & logistics networks and organise educational events related to logistics.
The project has been approved by the BSR INTERREG III B Programme.
3. Logistics Corridors
- Baltic Tangent
Project is focusing on the importance of land and maritime transport infrastructure improvement as a mean to strenghten labour market and the competitiveness of economic activities in the BT area. The project relates directly to key aspects of the BSR development set up by EU concerning sustainable economic growth and cohesion. The project ihas received financing from the ERDF.
4. Logistics Information Management
- RailCom - Railway Communications
The project aims at developing an electronic document exchange system for railway transport between Finland and Russia. The objective of the project is to exchange (send/receive) all waybill information electronically between the Finnish and Russian Railways by using the EDIFACT standard.
First phase of the project is finished and the message transmission is in full use between Russian and Finnish Railways. In the future the project plans are to improve correctness of the electronic data content and to implement full-size electronic waybill.
- RailTrack (RailTrace) - Railway Tracking and Tracing
The aim of the project is to develop a consignment tracking system to be used in Russia and Finland as well as in other parts of the EU. The system has been in production in Finland since December 2000. RailTrack service that covers the Russian traffic will be ready by the end of 2004. http://www.railtrace.com
Tests with real-time messages started 2004 with pilot route. Next routes to be tested are Mukkala - St.Petersburg and the Trans Siberian Route from Nahodka to and from Finland.
The project will continue under the title RailTrack TSR.
- BaSIM - Baltic Sea Information Motorways
The concept is proposed to be part of the EU Motorways of the Sea process within the Baltic Sea Region. The purpose is to highlight the necessity to build up an information platform in harmony with infrastructure investments. Information Motorways is not only technology but also a strong vision to create a logistics information motorways platform in the Baltic Sea Region for business processes, business process transactions and implementation guidelines.
The project was approved in the INTERREG III B Programme.
The project started on 1st of September 2004.
5. Public Contribution and Participation